Ever since this baby learned to walk, we have been in a battle over the kitchen! We finally put up gates when he kept breaking my dishes and taking off out the kitchen door, running down the street as fast as he could. But he keeps finding inventive ways to take the kitchen back! He carries boxes or toys over to the gate and climbs over, he grabs the gate and yanks on it like mad till it falls over, and now, he climbs onto the barstools and climbs over the counters and into the kitchen. This kitchen will never really be mine! Every time he realizes that I've caught him, he quickly lays down, as if he's trying to convince me he's not really climbing over the counter, but actually just taking a little rest...
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Sunday, June 27, 2010
RJ had a roller coaster season of baseball. He was really discouraged because he was striking out a lot and couldn't figure out why. Lucky for his self-esteem, I caught on camera a successful "at bat." Here he is getting tips from the coach before he gets to the plate... Waiting for the pitch... Making contact... Crossing home plate... Bonus picture of Conner on a particularly FREEZING night. He was bundled and toasty warm, while the rest of us FROZE! The Giants had a good season and ended up in 4th place overall and played in the tournament. Our last game of the season, RJ got on base every time he was at bat, against the best team in the league. :o) His love of baseball was rekindled, and he wants to keep playing!
Posted by sanpinney at 5:57 PM
Friday, June 25, 2010
Posted by sanpinney at 10:37 AM
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Obviously, I should have found some shade for this picture, but here are Conner & Braden dressed in the same shirt, and it was unplanned! Braden hasn't been feeling well, so he spent the entire time at the park laying on the ground. Tristan & Sienna I love this picture of Conner & RJ. RJ has always been such a great big brother to Conner. Even when Conner was a baby, he would start jumping up and down and laughing whenever RJ walked in the room. And now, out of all my kids, RJ's name is the only one that Conner can say. RJ's legs look a million miles long in this picture. :o)
Posted by sanpinney at 1:51 PM
Sunday, June 20, 2010
- I am thankful for my own father. I love him for giving me life, for his love of music, for teaching me the importance of education, for his silly sense of humor, and for his love of history and genealogy.
- I am thankful for our home teacher growing up, Bro. Goodale, who came every month and made sure we had everything we needed.
- I am thankful for Bishop Stott who made sure we always had firewood, and who took us on Daddy-Daughter activities at church.
- I am thankful for Dr. McKell, who made sure we had healthy teeth and never charged us. I also learned the importance of being grateful when he asked us for a favor and I whined about it. My mom told me that he had done so much for us, and we would always do ANYTHING he asked of us, because we owed him so much.
- I am thankful for my brothers, Ed & Ron, who taught me the importance of the priesthood and who often filled the role of father, as well as big brother.
- I am thankful for my father-in-law who has been the best Grandpa to my kids, and always tells me how wonderful I am.
- I am thankful for my husband who is sticking around and being a Dad! Coaching sports teams, playing games, going to movies, going camping... all those Dad things. And for honoring the priesthood and taking care of us so well. I am so blessed that you are here.
- I am thankful for my grandpa who taught me what a REAL man is! He has always been the standard that I've compared every man to. He taught me to drive when I was 12, he bought me a piano when he thought I wasn't developing my talents, and he just loved us and took care of us so well. And I love that he is a real cowboy. The cutest man, the most wonderful man I will ever know.
- I am thankful for my mother, who is more of a dad then most men could ever be! She has had to fulfill both roles. She can fix a clogged sink and change a tire on the car. She has always worked hard and she taught me to love the scriptures and to love our history.
- I am thankful for my Father in Heaven who has loved me in all my moments. Who, through everyone else, has taught me that I am loved and I am important in this world.
Posted by sanpinney at 1:56 PM
Friday, June 18, 2010
Aunt Shelby brought over these wonderful hamburgers and fries! It is actually a cupcake with a brownie in the middle, the fries are sugar cookies, and of course, there is lots of frosting! So cute AND delicious. Conner was a BIG fan of the frosting! Oddly, he only ate the top of his "burger." The funny thing is this is exactly what he does with real hamburgers too! Thanks for the treat, Shelby, they were a big hit! And, of course, I ate the most....
Posted by sanpinney at 9:20 AM
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Sienna had a few friends over to celebrate her "butterfly" birthday party. She was excited to wear her wings... We played "pin the spot on the ladybug" and then we made beautiful butterfly bouquets. The highlight was beating this butterfly pinata to death. The headless butterfly... We had butterfly birthday cake decorated by Dad!! It was delicious! And of course, the present opening. Sienna received some wonderful and very thoughtful gifts. She will be happy for some time.
Posted by sanpinney at 12:13 PM