There are a lot of fathers who have influenced my life...
- I am thankful for my own father. I love him for giving me life, for his love of music, for teaching me the importance of education, for his silly sense of humor, and for his love of history and genealogy.
- I am thankful for our home teacher growing up, Bro. Goodale, who came every month and made sure we had everything we needed.
- I am thankful for Bishop Stott who made sure we always had firewood, and who took us on Daddy-Daughter activities at church.
- I am thankful for Dr. McKell, who made sure we had healthy teeth and never charged us. I also learned the importance of being grateful when he asked us for a favor and I whined about it. My mom told me that he had done so much for us, and we would always do ANYTHING he asked of us, because we owed him so much.
- I am thankful for my brothers, Ed & Ron, who taught me the importance of the priesthood and who often filled the role of father, as well as big brother.
- I am thankful for my father-in-law who has been the best Grandpa to my kids, and always tells me how wonderful I am.
- I am thankful for my husband who is sticking around and being a Dad! Coaching sports teams, playing games, going to movies, going camping... all those Dad things. And for honoring the priesthood and taking care of us so well. I am so blessed that you are here.
- I am thankful for my grandpa who taught me what a REAL man is! He has always been the standard that I've compared every man to. He taught me to drive when I was 12, he bought me a piano when he thought I wasn't developing my talents, and he just loved us and took care of us so well. And I love that he is a real cowboy. The cutest man, the most wonderful man I will ever know.
- I am thankful for my mother, who is more of a dad then most men could ever be! She has had to fulfill both roles. She can fix a clogged sink and change a tire on the car. She has always worked hard and she taught me to love the scriptures and to love our history.
- I am thankful for my Father in Heaven who has loved me in all my moments. Who, through everyone else, has taught me that I am loved and I am important in this world.
Happy Father's Day to all you.